Garage Door Maintenance Service in Minneapolis, MN
Your garage door refusing to open and close properly is frustrating. And dangerous too. The best way to keep your garage door working fine is to go for regular garage door opener maintenance. We, at TC Garage Door And Locksmith Services, suggest regular maintenance by professionals for an uninterrupted service life of your garage door. We also suggest not to go for DIY garage door maintenance without any knowledge of the garage door components and mechanism.
How Often Do Garage Doors Need Maintenance?
If you are wondering how often garage doors need maintenance service, we suggest you to go for at least once a year. If there are other issues showing up, then the garage door needs to be investigated by service technicians. Our experienced technicians provide garage door maintenance in Minnesota by lubricating areas of the door, tightening bolts and screws and adjusting spring tension.
How To Know If Your Garage Door Needs Maintenance Servicing?
We suggest you to regularly keep checking your garage door to inspect if it needs service. These are the few points to consider when doing an overview of your garage door.
- Try to open the door manually from the outside without the opener. If you have to struggle opening it, it definitely needs servicing.
- If your door has windows, check for broken glass.
- Does your garage door have unusual noises like clicks or whines when you open or close the door? If yes, maintenance servicing is lined up.
- Ensure that you are able to close the door completely without issues.
If you find these issues in your garage door, we suggest it’s time for inspection and maintenance. Garage doors, if neglected, can put a lot of stress on an automatic garage door opener. Regular inspection and maintenance servicing at least once a year (or twice) may save you from an expensive repair bill afterwards.
How Do We Provide Maintenance Service?
Our annual garage door maintenance in Minneapolis MN and nearby regions is to ensure that your garage door is at peak performance. You can trust us with the security of your garage door. Regular servicing is important for the different components to work fine. Torsion springs, tracks, hinges, garage door openers, and the door panel are prone to wear over time and may lead to accidents.
During our maintenance visits, our technicians check a few things.
- Visual Inspection: We check and inspect the springs, cables, rollers, and pulleys to determine if they are working fine or we need to repair or replace them.
- Lubrication: We use a silicone-based spray to minimize the wear on components that need maintenance.
- Door Balance: Our technicians check whether your garage door can be lifted without any resistance and struggle. If there is an issue, we suggest adjustments or repairs to the parts that have worn out.
Why Is Maintenance Important?
Thousands of people get injured by garage doors every year. If a cable snaps or a spring breaks, the result can be deadly while opening the garage door. You may not notice the potential danger, but an expert technician can inspect and spot trouble beforehand. A regular maintenance servicing ensures that your garage door is safe to use.
Also, regular servicing means less repair or replacement, and so, more cost-efficient. The aesthetic values of your garage, as well as your home, are also maintained in maintenance. Needless to say, a broken garage door or one with a damaged security system means no security. Maintenance can ensure that potential intruders do not have an easy way into your garage door.
TC Garage Door And Locksmith Service is a call away. You may also google “garage door maintenance near me” to find us at your doorstep 24*7.